Songs of Summer and more!
Beginning May 28, 2020 our new recities series, "Songs of Summer" will bring beloved singers to a new stage—your phone, tablet, or computer screen. This recital series kicks off with international star Angel Blue giving the first recital on May 28, 2020, and will continue through September. Plus we are excited to offer additional online performances such as The Drunken Tenor: Quarantini Edition. See below for the first few performances and check back for more recitals from some of your favorite singers including Jamie Barton, John Moore, Margaret Gawrysiak, Tess Altiveros, and more.
All recitals will be available to stream on Seattle Opera’s website, Facebook, and YouTube for two weeks from the premiere date.
If you are enjoying our digital opera offerings, please make a donation to support the artists and staff that are collaborating to bring you opera in new ways.
Songs of summer schedule
- Available now: Angel Blue and pianist Jay Rozendaal
- Postponed: Tess Altiveros and pianist Elisabeth Ellis
- Thursday, June 11 at 7:00 PM: Jamie Barton and pianist Jonathan Easter
- Thursday, June 18 at 7:00 PM: Margaret Gawrysiak and pianist Jeremy Reger
- Thursday, June 25 at 7:00 PM: John Moore and pianist Tim Barrick
- Thursday, July 2 at 7:00 PM: Shelly Traverse and pianist Beth Tankersley
- Thursday, July 9 at 7:00 PM: Ben Bliss
- Thursday, July 16 at 7:00 PM: Nerys Jones and pianist Tim Barrick
- Thursday, July 23 at 7:00 PM: Theo Hoffman and pianist Brad Moore
- Thursday, July 30 at 7:00 PM: Vanessa Vasquez and pianist David McDade
- Thursday, August 6 at 7:00 PM: Will Liverman
- Thursday, August 13 at 7:00 PM: Damien Geter
Special thanks to our 2020/21 Season sponsors James and Sherry Raisbeck, and Barbara Stephanus.