Deepen Your Knowledge
Although we’ve had to cancel our in-person events, we are recording talks and making past presentations available to share with audiences. From composer spotlights to a two-part conversation with General Director Christina Scheppelmann to chats about opera genres, dramaturg Jonathan Dean and special guest speakers are covering a variety of topics.
If you are enjoying our digital opera offerings, please make a donation to support the artists and staff that are collaborating to bring you opera in new ways.
Newest Talk: Interpreting Tosca with Alexandra LoBianco
Alexandra LoBianco (Floria Tosca) discusses her approach to interpreting this complex character with Seattle Opera Scholar in Residence Naomi André.
To see the full playlist and jump to your favorite, click or tap the icon in the top right corner of the video.
- Interpreting Tosca with Alexandra LoBianco
- Shakespeare Operas
- Lorenzo Da Ponte
- Composer Spotlight on Verdi
- American Operas
- Composer Spotlight on Mozart
- Opera Indulges in the Seven Deadly Sins
- Motifs, from Mozart to the Movies
- Composer Spotlight on Mascagni
- The History of Seattle's Opera House
- Composer Spotlight on Puccini
- Getting to Know our General Director (parts 1 & 2)
- A Bird’s-Eye View: Telling the Story of Charlie Parker through Opera
Last updated June 12, 2020.