Opera for All Ages
Music is for everyone! Until we’re able to once again host in-person classes, camps, sing-alongs, vocal training, and more, we’ve created online versions for a variety of ages.
Do-It-yourself Aria Workshop (Ages 6–12)
Join our Youth & Family Programs Manager Sara Litchfied for a journey into the world of opera! In this free five-video course, you’ll sing, act, create original opera characters, and write a song inspired by your character. This course for ages 6–12 is a great way to exercise your musical and creative muscles from the safety of home. Plus, send us your finished creations and we'll pick some of our favorites and feature them on our website!
Early Learning (Ages 2–7): Opera Time at the Opera Center
Read together and sing together with Seattle Opera’s Opera Time! Normally held at the Opera Center, we’ve made sessions available by video every Saturday morning March 21 through May 2. Each installment includes sing-alongs, an interactive children’s book reading, and sometimes a simple at-home craft. To see the list of videos and jump to your favorite, click or tap the icon in the top right corner of the video.
- Excerpts from Hansel and Gretel Librettist: Adelheid Wette. Composer: Engelbert Humperdinck.
- Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo Author: John Lithgow. Illustrator: Leeza Hernandez.
- Mortimer Author: Robert Munsch. Illustrator: Michael Martchenko.
- Dragons Love Tacos 2 Author: Adam Rubin. Illustrator: Daniel Salmieri.
- Jump, Frog, Jump! Author: Robert Kalan. Illustrator: Byron Barton.
- Dragons Love Tacos Author: Adam Rubin. Illustrator: Daniel Salmieri.
- Diva Delores and the Opera House Mouse Author: Laura Sassi. Illustrator: Rebecca Gerlings
Quaran-TEEN (everyone): Performances in Place
While we are all at home, members of our Teen Vocal Studio are sharing videos of how they are staying connected to music and art even when they’re not singing opera.
Seattle Opera’s Teen Vocal Studio is a unique training program for young Pacific Northwest singers who are considering a future in opera. These talented and hard-working teens receive training in musicianship, drama, auditions, and much more! Seattle Opera is proud to offer this program at no cost thanks to the support from our patrons and donors.
Opera Coloring Pages (Everyone)
If you are enjoying our digital opera offerings, please make a donation to support the artists and staff that are collaborating to bring you opera in new ways.
Last updated June 17