Traffic & Transportation
For Those Attending Friday May 16:
- Beginning Friday May 16th, we anticipate Mercer Street being open for two way traffic. Please arrive earlier than planned to allow for congestion and delays as people adjust to the new traffic configurations.
- Following your performance, beginning at 11:45 p.m. traffic will be diverted away from 5th Ave North. Please watch for signs.
- Events at Key Arena and Seattle Center may cause additional parking and or traffic delays on May 16.
For Those Attending Saturday May 17:
- Mercer Street will be open for two way traffic. Please arrive earlier than planned to allow for congestion and delays as people adjust to the new traffic configurations.
- The intersection of 5th Ave. N and Mercer Street will be fully closed. 5th Ave. N will also be closed from Republican to Roy Street and Mercer will be closed from 4th Ave. N to Taylor Ave. N. Traffic will be diverted away from the area as you arrive at and leave the hall. Police officers will be on location to help traffic and direct you to the parking garage as you arrive.
The Mercer Corridor Reconstruction Project construction schedule changes frequently and without notice. For the most up to date information Please visit the project website before your performance.
Plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before the performance. There will be no late seating until an appropriate break occurs between performances.
Traffic Tip & Parking Information
Use Hwy 99 (Aurora), and alternative routes whenever possible to avoid congestion on I-5.
To avoid congestion on the north side of Seattle Center near McCaw Hall, we strongly encourage you to park at the Gates Foundation Garage (also known as 5th Avenue Garage). Located at the corner of 5th Avenue and Harrison St., it is just a short 3 blocks from McCaw Hall.
There are several parking garages nearby, the most immediate being Mercer Street Garage and Gates Foundation 5th Avenue Garage. For more information on nearby lots, visit our Parking page.
Directions & Map
For directions to Marion Oliver McCaw Hall visit our
Additional Resources for Travel Planning:
Mercer Street construction and I-5/Mercer St. exit information
Seattle Center parking, traffic, and transportation information
City of Seattle Traffic Cameras
Bus routes which run through Downtown, Seattle Center and/or the Queen Anne/Uptown neighborhood may also serve your area. For bus routes, schedules, and trip planning, visit King County Metro Online or call 206.553.3000 or 1.800.542.7876.
Coming from Downtown Seattle? A ride on the monorail can bring you within walking distance of McCaw Hall. Visit the Seattle Center Monorail Site for more information.
Taxis and Car Services
There are numerous car options in the region, including:
Yellow Taxi (206.622.6500)
Seattle Black Car Service (206.280.9296)
Über (app downloads to your mobile phone for convenient ordering and payment)